Taxonomy is how content of all kinds can be categorized in your Intranet website. A news article can be categorized or tagged by the type of article, the department it belongs to an other related tags. Documents can be categorized by their type (forms, how to, policies, etc.), department, etc. Before you can categorize content, you need to pre-create all of the possible categories you'd like to use.
Taxonomy terms or tags can be organized in groups. These groups are called Taxonomy vocabularies. Each vocabulary can have an unlimited number of taxonomy terms or tags. For example, you can have a taxonomy vocabulary for Departments, Document type, Position type, etc.
In this manual, we will use Taxonomy terms, tags, or categories interchangeably.
Ensure you are logged in to your Intranet system to perform the steps below
- 1.From your website's administrative toolbar (top of your site), click the Structure link
- 2.Click Taxonomy
- 3.Next to the vocabulary you wish to add terms to (i.e. Department), click List terms
- 4.Click the Add term button at the top-right corner of the page
- 5.Under the name field, type the name of the term/tag/category you'd like to add (i.e. Human Resources, Information Technology, etc.)
- 6.Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- 7.Repeat steps 5 & 6 for each department within your organization
- 8.Repeat all steps above for each Taxonomy vocabulary until all possible terms have been added to all vocabularies.